Here's my survey/application. Filling it out was bitchin' for sure!
1. Name: Tala (funky name, I know -- the '80s do have a lot to answer for lol)
2. Age: 19
3. Location: Pittsburgh
1. Name the best bands/singers of the 80's (up to 5) -- Belinda Carlisle, Tiffany, Prince, Dexy's Midnight Runners, Roxette
2. What is the best song from the 80's? My personal fav is 99 Red Balloons by Nena. It made perfect sense for the political situations with the cold war and whatnot back then, and it is still oh so apropos today.
3. Top 3 sexy singers from the 80's -- Bowie, Jon Bon Jovi, Joan Jett
4. What band/singer should have never come out to begin with? Why? Psychadelic Furs -- they were just awful lol, and they never redeemed themselves. They were a blight on the '80s, they shoulda just not bothered.
5. Name one band that deserved more than a one hit wonder -- The Waitresses
6. What is your opinion of MTV in the 80's? I was too young to remember, but I can fathom that it had to be much better than the state MTV is in now.
7. Pat Benatar, Cyndi Lauper, or Madonna? Why? Well not Madonna, she's not true '80s and she's just become a sellout. And not Cyndi Lauper either, she's too cliched and the stuff she's putting out now is total crap lol. Pat Benatar I think is hard core '80s. I think her song "We Belong To The Night" is proof in the pudding :)
1. Top movies made in the 80's -- Heathers, Girls Just Want To Have Fun, Beetlejuice, Pretty In Pink, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
2. Best horror movie to come out of the 80's -- Fright Night
3. Opinion of John Waters films -- I'm a native Baltimorean, so they hit a little too close to home lol, but his movies are so original, he really pushed the envelope for his day and age. Plus I know a whole bunch of "local talent" who were in his various movies. Sadly enough, some are even related to me.
4. Best actor/actress from the 80's -- Molly Ringwald
5. Best line out of an 80's film -- "Fuck me gently with a chainsaw." ~Heathers
6. Best soundtrack from a film -- Valley Girl
1. Name something that came from the 80's you would still wear today -- Name something I don't lol. Seriously, the ripped off-the-shoulder sweater and leg warmers, a la Flashdance make frequent appearances.
2. Crimped hair, yey or nay? Pretty damaging to your hair, but I think it's awesome looking as all get out.
3. Worst thing that people wore they thought looked rad -- Polka dots!!
1. What is one thing you remember Ronald Reagan doing in the 80's? Giving Bruce Springsteen a coronary by using his anti-war song to campaign for the presidency.
2. Name what you think the most significant event was in the 80's -- My birth lol, but after that, probably the reunification of Germany or the Iran-Contra brouhaha or the conclusion of the Love Canal debacle.
1. Best show that came out of the 80's (up to 3) -- The Golden Girls, Cheers, Square Pegs
2. Name a character that was worth spawning it's own show -- Frasier Crane, who went from Cheers to Frasier
3. Best theme song of the 80's -- The theme song to "Murder, She Wrote"
1. Besides the fact you lived/was born in the 80's, give a reason you think you are true 80's -- OK, it's, like, 1984, I'm at the Galleria, looking for some alligator shirts and Jordache jeans when my Members Only jacket gets caught in the escalator railing, 'cause I'm not paying attention. I'm focusing on the Men Without Hats song playing on the PA -- doing the Safety Dance, you know -- when I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror next to the Haagen-Dazs ice cream stand. I'm wearing leg warmers and looking like John Hughes should put me in his next movie. I'm also looking like a fool because my jacket is being pulled off by the escalator. Meanwhile I'm panicking because my Stray Cats tickets are falling out of the pocket and down three floors. Whoa. I wake up. Thank God it was only a dream. The year is 2004, and the Galleria is now an office building. Brian Setzer has reinvented himself yet again, and Men Without Hats have long since been Men Without Hits. I reach for a safer outlet to channel my unconscious need for '80s nostalgia...
2. Where did you hear about this community? We have a bunch of common interests listed on our info spreads.
3. A picture of you showing your true 80's would help your votes a lot. Show one here if you do, if not it isn't required -- LMAO, a *real* '80s chick wouldn't answer that :)